To know more about the Reading Rooms, visit the website of the Danish State Archives.
The Danish State Archives provide several online services and records, e.g.
- The Danish Demographic Database. This database enables you to search for individuals when you already have some information. It contains information from censuses, on immigrants (search in Danish) and emigrants (search in English is possible).
- Arkivalieronline.dk. This online service gathers data from Parish Registers and Population Censuses.
- The Catalogue of the Danish State Archives, Daisy. The catalogue allows you to search for information about the creators of the Archive series and to search through the Archive series (search of the records, not within the content of the records).
When using the online records, the search will most often be in Danish.
If you do not find what you are looking for in the Danish State Archives, you may contact the parish where the person you are searching for was born, married and/or buried. To locate a parish, visit Sogneportalen.
More on Genealogy
- The Danish State Archives
- How to find information
- What basic information is needed
- Good to know